Monday, September 27, 2010

School 2.0 Reflection Tool (Nets-3)





I chose to investigate one of the topics from NETS-T Module: Model Digital-Age Work and Learning.  I took a closer look at how to regularly communicate and collaborate with students and parents using different types of technology to support student learning.  I learned that there are lots of resources available to help teachers accomplish this goal. One of the tools I liked best is Google Groups. Google Groups is free and its a great tool for creating groups where they can have discussions, create custom pages, and upload all types of files. There are many other websites that are very helpful for teachers that need to incorporate technology into their classrooms.  There is also an article that shows you how to start a class blog.  Overall I was very surprised that there are so many resources out there to help teachers.  I’m relieved that these websites exist because I will need all the help I can get in the future when I’m a teacher and I find myself in need of incorporating these new digital tools in the classroom.  I also learned that much of the decisions to incorporate technology in the classroom come from the school districts administrations commitment to technology at the schools.  I chose to look further into this topic because I feel that communication between students, parents, and teachers is critical for the success of students.  With the technology now available communication and collaboration are now easier and as a future teacher I believe it’s important for me to learn how to take advantage of the resources available.


No comments:

Post a Comment