Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Intro of Myself....David Rodriguez (Nets-1)

Hello Everyone,

My name is David Rodriguez and I am a senior here at CSUSM.  I will be graduating at the end of this semester with a degree in History.  I will hopefully be back in the Fall of 2011 for the teaching credential program.  I hope to teach high school in the future.  Some of my favorite hobbies are watching sports, playing poker, and home brewing!  I'm blessed to have been born and raised in beautiful sunny San Diego!   I grew up in Encinitas where I also attended school throughout high school.  I started school at Cardiff Elementary where I went from Kindergarden to 2nd grade.  I then went to Ada Harris from 3rd-6th grade.  I later went to Oak Crest for 7th-8th grade.  For high school I had the choice of San Dieguito Academy or La Costa Canyon.  Although I liked the location of San Dieguito better I chose to attend LCC because they had better sports programs.  After high school I went to school at Palomar College were I got stuck bouncing around from major to major for 3.5 years!  I then came to CSUSM for 1 year and then decided to take a semester off which turned into 3.5 years....yeah time flies!  My first semester back was last fall and i'm glad I finally made it back!

In regards to technology I would have to say i'm not very technologically savvy.  I feel that the last several years technology has been improving itself so rapidly and I have failed to keep up.  I don't own any of the latest cell phones, ipods, ipads, and whatever else is out there....I just don't feel the need for them although when I see what some of these things can do I think its totally awesome!  With that said though I did go out and purchase a new TV and an Apple laptop this weekend! lol  I needed a laptop and I had really gotten to like my sisters so I decided it was time to convert to a Mac.  Im not very much into computers I mainly just use them for school work, surfing the web, and playing poker!  I like the fact that computers can do so much these days but I dislike that i'm very limited on what I know how do with them...especially Macs.  I am excited about this class because I think I will get a lot out of it!

Although CSUSM/COE Mission Statement was not a factor in me choosing to apply here for the credential program it reassures me that it was a great choice.  I feel that the statement stands for many of the same reasons I have chosen teaching as a profession.  By becoming a teacher I hope to be a part of the changes taking place in public education so that all students have an equal chance of being successful!

2 comments:

  1. Hi David! You will love your new Mac! I also hope to give students an equal opportunity to succeed. See you in class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you on your comment about getting alot out this class. I think I will to. I'm also looking foward to it. Go Padres!

    ReplyDelete